Friday, April 10, 2009

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals--and their Death Threats against People

How unfortunate; another example of leftist hypocrisy. People on the left oppose war and violence. (Actually, people on the right do, too.) But people on the left are against violence only until they decide to be violent. They just try to get by without acknowledging it. The rest of us are supposed to ignore that fact. If we say something then we are being politically incorrect. At least People for the Ethical Treatment admit--no--brag that they use violence against other people, supposedly to further their causes for animals.

I love animals. But I don't joke and say I eat them. I have pets, have had them all my life. They either were all strays or born to my strays. I oppose factory farming. Most of my food selections are organic. I've sent money to some animal rights organizations over the years and lots more to homeless shelters for animals. I've picked woolly worms off the road so that they don't get run over. It's an ugly mess when they do.

What beats me is when animal rights organizations threaten people. I don't get this when their supporters, people who support animals, threaten human beings.

I found this article where People for the "Ethical Treatment" of Animals has harassed and threatened Joe Biden and the breeder from whom he got his new puppy. Right here:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/us_world/Bidens-Puppy-Breeder-Never-never-never-again.html

Now, I'm no Joe Biden fan. In fact, I pretty much don't like politicians. They nauseate me. But I don't make myself their enemy, and I don't harass their dog breeders.

According to the PETA website, "PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns."

That's hogwash.

They forgot to add "death threats" and "acts of violence".

What started out as an animal rights organization that sought to stop abuses against animals has turned into an organization of violence against human beings. What was once the admirable aspirations of animal lovers has morphed into an organization of bullies.

At another news site, a commentator provides an education about PETA, words I have heard several years ago. Think on this one:

" Unknown to most dog and cat lovers, the animal rights (AR) and animal "welfare" advocates are in the process of systematically destroying the rights of pet owners in this country. PETA has openly admitted that they would like to see the end of all animal and pet ownership. In Europe and elsewhere, the AR folks have infiltrated every sector of government, and are passing more and more restrictive legislation around pet ownership. They have started this crusade in this country as well. When you read the next "anti-puppy mill" bill that is proposed, please be very careful to read the ENTIRE bill, as this is how PETA is advancing their agenda. Everyone can agree that puppy mills are bad, but hidden in these bills is onerous restrictions that make it impossible to be a responsible and careful breeder as well.

What has happened to this breeder is a clear indication of what the AR agenda is - to first attack everyone who is involved in purebred dogs. Those of you who are in favor of only adopting rescue dogs need to realize that with the end of purebred dogs comes the end of all dogs - and that the breeders of purebred dogs are not responsible for the dogs in shelters, and the shelters that PETA and HSUS run have been responsible for hundreds of thousands of euthanasized dogs. "


I've had one purebred animal. It was dumped out at my home anonymously when it was very young. It lived with me 23 years. While I never felt the need to buy a purebred, I see good reason to preserve the genetic lines of specific animals to prevent extinction. Some people with lots of money can buy purebreds, most people are happy with their free mutts. I was happy with all of my mutts and my one purebred, almost all abandoned at my door.

But to engage in harassment and threats against people who do buy purebreds deserves a jail sentence. And also a visit with a psychiatrist. It's one thing to have an opinion--it is certainly (supposed to be) protected by the First Amendment of the US Constitution--but to cross the line and deliberately bring harm to other people, or encourage harm be done to other people, or to have a system set up where it is understood (wink, wink) between organizations and their supporters to bring harm to other people is a crime. Period.

PETA has harassed people they hate by throwing dead animals and sending them dead animal body parts (I thought they were for the ethical treatment of animals--did they kills these animals? What about respect for the dead?) They have vandalized people's property. They have provided financial support for arsonists and attempted murderers. According to Bruce Friedrich
"If we really believe that animals have the same right to be free from pain and suffering at our hands, then of course we're going to be blowing things up and smashing windows. ... I think it's a great way to bring about animal liberation, considering the level of suffering, the atrocities. I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses, these laboratories, and the banks that fund them, exploded tomorrow."

Hey Bruce--did you actually liberate any animals while you set off all your bombs?

Blowing things up??? There's only one word for this: Terrorism.

This is not education.
This is not research.
This is not rescue.
This is not legislation.
This is not a special event.

This is intentional harm against the bodies, property and safety of human beings. Not only is this unethical, it is a serious violation of human rights.

What about People for the Ethical Treatment of HUMANS?

Ethics?? PETA--why don't you try some of it?

Better yet, you need to have your asses hauled off to jail.

Maybe you will when you kill somebody's kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment